Flow System Foundation Learning Journey - Virtual
Time & Location
About the Event
Welcome to Flow System:
If you feel like your Agile and Digital Transformation efforts have been spinning their wheels in your organisation, the Flow System is here to recalibrate your perspective and unlock meaningful change.
The Flow System Foundations will give you a broad knowledge and understanding of the considerations for achieving Flow in fast-changing organisations and complex landscapes. The Foundations course is designed for business and IT leaders and practitioners looking for a new perspective. After Foundations, you will be able to re-energise any change journey. You can then deepen your learning with the upcoming Advanced Courses or work with the support of Senseis.
The Flow System is not a new method to do Agile better. Instead, it is a fresh perspective of a holistic FLOW based approach to aligning and delivering Customer 1st value in modern organisations. It is built on a foundation of The Toyota Production System, also known as TPS and Lean, plus a new triple helix structure known as the DNA of Organisations and composed of Complexity Thinking, Distributed Leadership and Team Science.
After completing the course, participants will gain a brand new perspective in improving Flow in their work system.
You will gain an understanding of:
- The purpose and principles of a Flow System,
- The concept of Customer 1st and creating alignment to value generation,
- How Flow serves the Customer 1st value generation as well as more effective ways-of-working,
- How to deploy the Triple Helix of Flow in an organisation, and interconnect Complexity Thinking, Distributed Leadership and Team Science,
- How to organise the multi-team-system in support of the Flow,
- How to establish the different components of successful teams (team effectiveness & teamwork),
- Recognising and using the different methods, techniques, and tools under each helix of the Triple Helix of Flow.
The course coverage is extensive, and we believe in applying Flow to the training too. Consequently, this course is offered as a learning journey over a little over three months (accounting for the Christmas Break).
The course can be packaged in the following ways:
- (Recommended) - Full cohort + online learning & exam/accreditation
- Full cohort + online learning & exam + additional coaching (2Hrs)
- Full cohort + online learning & exam + additional coaching/advisory Plus (1 day)
- Cohort participation only (no online self-paced learning access / no exam/accreditation)
For larger clients, we can organise in-house cohorts adapted to your specific requirements.
- Cohort Kick-off on the 29th of October 2021 - Introduction to the Flow System
- One half-day training session per fortnight (on Friday afternoons - 2pm) - Covering the main themes of the Flow System:
- 12/11/2021 - Lean and Flow Thinking
- 26/11/2021 - Complexity Thinking
- 10/12/2021 - Distributed Leadership
- 07/01/2022 - Team Science
- 21/01/2022 - Integrating it all / Wrap-up
- 1hr group mentoring call every other week on Friday at 12:30 to discuss your challenges in practical application and learn from other cohort members (05/11/2021, 19/11/2021, 03/12/2021, 17/12/2021, 14/01/2022)
- 30 min individual sessions for a checkpoint and to discuss your specific challenges
- Dedicated Slack channel for the cohort
The online curriculum:
- Online self-learning curriculum that you will progress in parallel to the virtual sessions. Please account 3-4Hrs effort per week.
- Online accreditation examination for Flow System Foundations - Accreditation is achieved after completing the final assessment with a pass mark of over 80%. The assessment consists in 80 Multi-Choice-Questions to be answered in 60 min. Two attempts of the evaluation are included.
- Note: You need to take this option to pass the accreditation and progress to the advanced course. You can opt-out of those if you do not have the time for self-learning and/or do not want to take the accreditation.
Additional optional packaged coaching/advisory:
- Additional One-to-one coaching and advisory to provide extra support in practice and context
- Standard coaching consists of an additional 2 x 1Hr one-to-one sessions to the curriculum to deep dive into your specific situation and helps you apply the Flow System in practice.
- Coaching & Advisory Plus packages an additional 1 x day of direct support to be redeemed in half-day increments minimum. You may use this package to benefit from observation/feedback in practice or co-create a change strategy or team session.
Philippe Guenet: Philippe has over 25 years of experience in digital Change and professional services and has worked with corporate, banks and start-ups. Philippe created Henko 4 years ago to help clients approach Change and digital leadership in new and effective ways. Those ways have been included in the Flow System, of which Philippe is a trainer. Philippe is also ORSC Certified, ICF ACC.
Philippe works closely with Nigel Thurlow and John Turner, co-founders of the Flow System, to offer such assisted learning cohorts. Philippe is also a practitioner. Please enquire for in-house learning cohorts and/or custom Advisory / Coaching / Sensei packages.
For more information about Henko, please see: https://www.henko.co.uk
Nigel Thurlow and/or John Turner will join one of the mentoring calls.
In association with Publicis Sapient
We thank our partner sponsor Publicis Sapient for associating with us in the launch of the Flow System in the UK.
For more information about Sapient, please see: https://www.publicissapient.com/